Hotel Das Capri: My favourite hotel in Vienna
During my second trip to Vienna I booked hotel Das Capri. I enjoyed my stay there so much, that for my third trip I didn’t even thought of staying anywhere else. I couldn’t wait to return there.
Hotel Das Capri is founded in 1997 by Jacek Pastuszyn. He bought an old boarding-house building (opened in 1960) and turned it in this lovely hotel. Now Das Capri is run by his son.
What I liked about hotel Das Capri
- The hotel is located between Stephansplatz and the Prater. You can easily reach the city center on foot in about 15 minutes. If you don’t feel like walking, the metro station Nestroyplatz (line U1) is just outside the hotel. As the Praterstern railway station (Bahnhof Praterstern) is located in a few minutes’ walk, going to the airport is also easy.
- There is a free luggage room, where you can leave your bags if you arrive early at the hotel or your flight is later in the afternoon.
- Each floor and each room has a different theme (connected with famous places or people who lived in Vienna), which I found very interesting and creative. My room was devoted to the Gasometer.
- My room was very spacious and spotlessly clean. In fact this is the hotel with the largest rooms I have stayed through whole Europe.
- The bed was very comfortable and the room was very quiet, although it was facing a busy street.
- There are free Wi-Fi in the room and a computer with printer in the lobby, which is very handy if you need to print your boarding card.
- The room is air-conditioned with a big enough safe to fit your laptop.
- The hotel has a 24 hour reception.
- Kettle with free tea and coffee are available in the room.
- Very pleasant and helpful staff, who speak perfect English.
- There is a flat screen TV with a lot of international channels.
- The breakfast is one of the best I have ever tried: cheese, ham, eggs, several types of bread, jam, muesli, yoghurt, cakes, juice, etc. Everything you can imagine. It consists of locally produced specialties, all of them high quality, very delicious and fresh. My favourite breakfast was the poppy seed roll and the walnut roll, accompanied with a hot cup of café Latte.
- If you take the stairs in the hotel instead of the lift, you will discover photos of the entire staff with their favourite places in Vienna.
- At the check in I was given a handmade chocolate with honey as a thank you for booking directly with the hotel. It was a nice gesture and the chocolate was very tasty.
What I disliked
- There aren’t many hotels for which I left this part empty, but this is one of them.
Address: Praterstraße 44-46, A-1020 Wien
Web site: http://www.dascapri.at/en/
Have you stayed in hotel Das Capri? Please share your impression in the comments section below.