Monbijou Hotel: A real jewel in the center of Berlin
During my trip to Berlin I stayed in Monbijou hotel. I would not say that I chose it because of the name (I love the French language), but it certainly was a plus.
What I liked about the Monbijou hotel
- It is located in the center of Berlin, very close to Alexanderplatz. This means you can practically walk everywhere, but in a case you need the public transport – the metro station is a 3-minute walk. There is also a tram station next to the hotel.
- Nice furnished room with the cosiest bed I have ever slept in a hotel.
- Spotlessly clean room.
- Free bottle of spring water every day.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- There are many good cheap places for breakfast near the hotel. I tried: “Lindner” and “Zeit für Brot”.
- There is a computer in the lobby and you can use it for free.
- Very luxury and cosy lobby with an open fireplace.
- Very helpful staff.
- I just loved the hotel amenities, which were Molton Brown.
What I disliked
- The Wi-Fi was a little slow and you have to login every time with a password, when you want to use it.
- The breakfast was 15 EUR per person. It seems that almost in every hotel in Berlin the breakfast costs about 20 EUR, so I can say that it is cheaper than other places. Nevertheless I found it very expensive and didn’t try it.
- If you want to print your boarding pass, there is a printer in the lobby, but the whole procedure is a little complicated. After you check in, you can’t print directly your boarding pass or even save it on the computer. You have to send it to the e-mail of the reception and they will print it for you.
I will certainly stay again in the hotel during my next trip to Berlin.
Address: Monbijouplatz 1, 10178 Berlin
Web site: http://monbijouhotel.com/
Have you stayed in Monbijou hotel? Please leave your comment below.