My bucket list
As travelling is my biggest love I constantly keep updating the list of places I want to see. Nothing can be compared to the feeling when you visit a place for which you have been dreaming for years. I hope you will enjoy reading my travel bucket list and will find some inspiration for your own travels.
Check out my profile on Pinterest to get a visual idea of these places.
Travel bucket list
- Spend a night watching Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights).
- See Taj Mahal at sunset.
- Spend a month in Vienna and live like a local.
- See the sunrise at Maldives.
- Stay in a hut over the ocean in Bora Bora.
- Have a cup of mulled wine at Christmas markets in Alsace.
- Searching for vampires in Bran castle, Romania.
- Have a drink in an ice bar.
- Feel the past glory of the Khmer Empire while standing in front of temples of Angkor.
- See Petra at night lit up by hundreds of candles.
- Have a beer and a bratwurst at Oktoberfest.
- Sleep in an old castle for a night.
- Visit Auschwitz.
- Visit Anne Frank House in Amsterdam.
- Search for ghosts in the haunted Mary King’s Close in Edinburgh.
- Visit Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral in Florence.
- Ride a camel through a desert.
- Enjoy a glass of wine and French cheese in Provence.
- Visit Claude Monet’s garden in Giverny.
- Take a walk on the medieval streets of Saint Emilion in France.
- Enjoy the stunning beauty of the city of Carcassonne, France at night.
- See St. Basil’s Cathedral and Red Square in Moscow.
- Take a walk along the Neva River during the white nights in St. Petersburg.
- Visit Prague in the autumn.
- Look for fairies in Black Forest (Schwarzwald).
- Spend a night in an ice hotel.
- Be amazed by the glowing beach in the Maldives.
- See the cherry blossom trees in Japan just before sunset.
- Transfer myself to Middle-earth by visiting the Hobbiton Movie Set in Matamata, New Zealand.
- Drink a glass of Guinness in Dublin, Ireland.
- Be stunned by the colorful Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone National Park, USA.
- Float in the Dead Sea.
- Snowboard in the Alps.
- Admire the pyramids in Egypt.
- Spend a night in the Harry Potter-themed room at Georgian House London.
- Visit Hampton Court Palace in London, England.
- Visit the Bone Church in Kutna Hora, Czech Republic.
- Enjoy the sunset with a glass of rose wine in Santorini, Greece.
- See the Eiffel Tower lit up by fireworks on the Bastille Day in Paris.
- Visit the fairytale castle of Neuschwanstein in Germany.
- Visit Berlin during the Festival of Lights, when the city becomes a scene of illumination and light art.
- Climb Musala peak in Rila Mountain, Bulgaria (August 2006).
- See the sunset from a plane (October 2008, travelling from Vienna to Sofia).
- Feed a squirrel with nuts in a park (October 2008, Schönbrunn park in Vienna).
- See the treasures kept in the museums of Vatican City, Italy (May 2009).
- Enjoy the amazing views from the top of the Castel Sant’Angelo, Rome (May 2009).
- Have a kiss in front of the Eiffel Tower, Paris (September 2010).
- Have a walk on the streets of Montmartre, Paris (September 2010).
- Be stunned by the beauty of Beauvais Cathedral (September 2010).
- Visit a cemetery in Paris in the autumn (September 2010, Montmartre Cemetery).
- Feel small and insignificant in front of the Cologne cathedral (September 2011).
- Visit a Gestapo prison (September 2011, EL-DE Haus in Cologne).
- Visit the stunning Dohany Street Synagogue in Budapest (September 2012).
- Enjoy the stunning views over the city of Budapest from the Fisherman Bastion (September 2012).
- Be impressed by the size and the beauty of the Hungarian Parliament building, Budapest (September 2012).
- Look for the ghost of Dracula in the Labyrinth of Buda Castle, Budapest (September 2012).
- Take a ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel in Vienna in the evening and be amused by the view of the city at night. (September 2013).
- Visit the Imperial Crypt in Vienna (September 2013).
- Eat macarons in the Tuileries Garden in Paris (October 2013).
- See Monet’s Water Lilies in person (October 2013, Musée de l’Orangerie in Paris).
- Watch the sunset from the top of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris (October 2013).
- Attend a mass in Notre Dame, Paris (October 2013).
- Take a walk amongst the dead in the catacombs of Paris (October 2013).
- See a medieval vampire skeleton (July 2014, Archaeological Museum in Sozopol).
- Eat pasta in Italy (October 2014, Rome).
- Climb over 550 stairs to the dome of St. Peter’s Basilica to see one of the most amazing views in Rome (October 2014).
- Be amused by the bone decorations in the Capuchin crypt, Rome (October 2014).
- Buy a Christmas ornament from a German Christmas market (December 2014, Berlin).
- Enjoy the amazing views over the city and the Christmas markets from the Berlin TV tower at night (December 2014).
- Visit a real castle (May 2015, Burg Kreuzenstein in Austria).
- Attend Vienna Philharmonic Summer Night Concert in Schönbrunn (May 2015).
- Pet a cat in a cat café (May 2015, Café Neko in Vienna).
- Take a walk in Vienna after dark, when everything is illuminated (May 2015).