Japan, one of the most popular destinations in Asia, beautifully blends the modern with the ancient. The country is known for its centuries-old temples, breathtaking nature and towering skyscrapers. The cherry blossom season and the autumn foliage are the best times to visit because during this time Japan turns into a colourful fairytale realm. See all the requirements for a tourist visa for Japan.
Some of the most popular places to visit are:
- Tokyo – the capital city
- Kyoto – the former imperial capital, home to over 2,000 ancient temples and shrines
- Osaka – the city is known for its excellent food scene and nightlife
- Himeji Castle – one of Japan’s twelve original castles
- Hiroshima – home to one of the most tragic events in our history and now a symbol of peace and nuclear disarmament
- Nara – famous for its freely roaming deer