I found New Orient Hotel by accident during the planning of my second trip to Paris. I was satisfied with the place where I stayed during my first visit of the city, so I didn’t have any intentions to search for a new one. While I was browsing through a website (I just wanted to see few hotels out of curiosity) I saw a picture of the front facade of New Orient Hotel. I instantly fell in love with its small iron balconies with beautiful red geraniums. I searched for some reviews and found only good ones. I couldn’t even think about staying anywhere else so I booked this hotel.
What I liked about the New Orient Hotel
- It is located in 8th district, out of the tourist area, so you can feel like a local when you stay here.
- There are two metro stations (lines 2 and 3) near to the hotel.
- The staff was very attentive and helpful.
- Free Wi-Fi in the room and a computer in the lobby at guests’ disposal.
- The hotel has a 24 hour reception.
- Very clean room with a safe and air-conditioning.
- There are free maps of the city at the reception desk.
- There are a lot of great little restaurants and bakeries around the hotel. I tried: “Cosy Corner restaurant” and “Le P’tit Canon”.
What I disliked
- The elevator is very small.
- The toilet is separate from the bathroom and it is extremely small.
- The breakfast costs 13 EUR. Although this seems to be a standard price for a breakfast in Paris, I find it expensive and didn’t try it.
Address: 16 Rue de Constantinople, 75008 Paris
Web site: http://www.hotelneworient.com/en/
Have you stayed in New Orient Hotel? Please share your impression in the comments section below.
About the author
|I'm a travel blogger based in Sofia, Bulgaria. Travelling has always been my passion and I love to discover new places and cultures. I want to show you how easy it is to organize your vacation all by yourself.|
Subscribe to my newsletter and get once a month details about my trips, where I stayed, how much the trip cost plus complete map of my itinerary.