The best carry on weekender bags – a full list with the most perfect bags for an overnight stay or a weekend trip.
Sometimes packing for a 2-day trip or a weekend getaway is more difficult than packing for one week trip. That’s especially true when you don’t have the right luggage. Backpacks usually can hold all your stuff and fit the carry on requirements. However, most of them aren’t functional and stylish enough. And bringing a suitcase for a such a short trip is simply overkill.
What you need in this case is a weekender bag. It’s the perfect solution for an overnight stay or a weekend trip. And you can easily pack all your essentials.
Yet, choosing the right one is not so easy, especially if you look for something that you can use as a carry-on bag. I went through thousands of reviews to make this list with the best carry on weekender bags for men and women.
Altosy is my favourite carry on weekender bag. It’s stylish and perfect both for women and men (several colours available). This duffel has a large capacity with multiple pockets for easy organizing. It’s the ideal carry on luggage for a 3-4 day trip.
- 21 x 16 x 9 inches | 53.3 x 40.6 x 22.9 cm
- made of high-quality canvas and crazy horse leather
- several colours available
- fits overhead or under the seat for flight travel
- removable and adjustable shoulder strap
- 1-year quality warranty
4 Perfect carry on weekender bags for women
World Traveler – Cutest
World Traveler is the most stylish and cute weekender bag. It’s roomy and fits everything you’ll need during your vacation. You can pack a few days clothes plus a pair of shoes. And the outside pockets come handy for documents, books or a tablet.
- 21 x 11 x 12 inches | 53.3 x 27.9 x 30.5 cm
- cute and stylish design
- easy to clean
- durable polyester construction with EVA backing
- detachable and adjustable shoulder strap
- fits very well under the plane seats
Ecosusi – Classy
If you look for something classy for your weekend trips, choose this luggage. It’s made of quality water resistant fabric, that you can clean easily. Ecosusi is spacious with multiple useful compartments inside. You can even fit a 14″ laptop.
- 18 x 11 x 8 inches | 45.7 x 27.9 x 20.3 cm
- made of lightweight and water-resistant nylon
- multiple compartments
- zipper pocket for tickets and passport
- adjustable padded shoulder strap
- 4 metal studs on the bottom
- fits perfectly under the seat on the airplane
Baosha – Stylish
Baosha is the ideal small weekender bag. The construction is solid with several inside pockets. Although small in size, it’s roomy and holds a lot of stuff. You can use it also as a personal carry-on item for plane trips.
- 16 x 12 x 8 inches | 40.6 x 30.5 x 20.3 cm
- high-quality stylish canvas bag
- beautiful design with several colours to choose from
- a back side sleeve for a rolling suitcase
- strong adjustable strap
- 4 metal studs on the bottom
- lifetime warranty
Malirona Canvas – Best rated
Malirona is the perfect travel companion for a weekend overnight trip. The colourfast canvas is sturdy with a great quality. And the multiple pockets provide enough room for all your necessities. You can pack up to 3 outfits, toiletries, makeup and a laptop.
- 18 x 9 x 11 inches | 45 x 22.5 x 27.5 cm
- sturdy fabric with several floral patterns
- machine washable
- 14″ laptop zipper pocket
- detachable shoulder straps
- suitcase handle strap on the backside
- fits overhead compartment and under a plane seat
The 4 best carry on weekender bags for men
Shacke – Most bought
Shacke is the best weekender bag with a shoe compartment for men. It’s a high-quality bag at a very affordable price. In fact, it’s one of the most bought duffels. The canvas is durable, sturdy and water resistant. And the best part is that the duffel is spacious and fits everything you need for a weekend trip.
- 19.5 x 9 x 13.5 inches | 49.5 x 22.5 x 34.3 cm
- made from durable Dragon Nylon
- super lightweight with water-resistant inner lining
- shoe pocket that easily fit a couple pairs of shoes
- extra pockets for toiletries
- trolley strap available
- good quality zippers
Floto – Most stylish
If you look for something classy and stylish, then Floto is the ideal choice. It’s perfect for a short vacation or a business trip. The Italian leather is thick with a nice classy finish. The duffel can accommodate enough clothes for a several days trip.
- 21 x 10 x 11 inches | 53.3 x 25.4 x 27.9 cm
- made of Italian full-grain calfskin leather
- wide zipper opening that provides easy access
- reinforced top-handles and removable shoulder strap
- brass and heavy-duty zippers
Rothvyn – Best rated
Rothvyn is the perfect complement to your look. The rustic brass hardware gives a stylish look and a vintage European feel. The multiple compartments and external pockets make packing easy. Rothvyn is a great choice for a weekend getaway or an overnight stay.
- 23 x 12 x 12.5 inches | 58.4 x 30.5 x 31.7 cm
- made of soft but durable water-resistant canvas
- easily to clean
- external zippered pockets for keys and documents
- meets the carry on luggage requirements (if it’s not stuffed full)
- 1-year replacement warranty
Wowbox – Most functional
Wowbox is one of the most functional carry on duffle bags. It features a shoe compartment so you can easily separate the shoes from your personal belongings. The main compartment is roomy and fits all of your necessities. And the leather on the handle part makes the duffel convenient to carry.
- 21.7 x 9.8 x 11.8 inches | 55 x 24.9 x 30 cm
- made of sturdy thick canvas
- separate compartment for shoes
- multiple outside pockets
- removable shoulder strap
- fit in the overhead compartments if you travel by air
- 6-month warranty
If you travel only with a weekender carry-on bag, you have to pack your toiletries according to the TSA rules. Check out what are the best travel bottles for toiletries.
|I'm a travel blogger based in Sofia, Bulgaria. Travelling has always been my passion and I love to discover new places and cultures. I want to show you how easy it is to organize your vacation all by yourself.|
Subscribe to my newsletter and get details about my trips, where I stayed, how much the trip cost plus complete map of my itinerary.